Sunday, November 15, 2015

Lazy Baked Breakfast "Muffins"

Y'all, it's Sunday. I'm lazy on Sunday's. Like R E A L L Y lazy. This wouldn't be a problem except that I always WANT to be super productive! So today I want to make gnocchi, breakfast muffins (DONE!), wash the dog, wash some sheets, put up clean laundry (from last weekend), and exchange my Star Wars jammies for some that fit better. Combine all of the potential productivity with Carolina Panther football and a potential manicure... Ugh, I will never get it all done.

That and my friend just sent me 30 days of WoW play time.

Productivity is GONE.

Oh, by the way... I am a girl, I game and I like foot ball. I also bake like a maniac. I call it well rounded or something, I guess that's a good thing then, right?

So anyway, I made these "muffins" for the coming week since, once again, I'm lazy. They are tasty and taco-ey and delicious.

Here are the ingredients I used...

That salsa right there? It's my favorite in the WHOLE WORLD. I think y'all should try it if you can get to a Harris Teeter. 

Final product once cleaned up.

 This is the final, but let's start from the very beginning... a very good place to start... when you start in, well, I'm a musical theater fan, so I could keep going, but I won't.

Grease your muffin tin!!! I used an Olive Oil based spray because, lazy! Any it's olive oil vs canola or some other oil I don't want to use. 


I used about 2 cups of frozen spinach for the base. I cooked it for two minutes in the microwave so some of it was still cold, but that is okay since it's going to be baked. 


Then I used a teaspoon of my favorite salsa on top of that. My favorite in the world comes from Harris Teeter, it's their fresh salsa that is in the salad area. SO. GOOD! And fresh, and amazing. I love it and put it on everything!


Then I added about a tablespoon of mexican blend cheese to that. I'm on Weight Watchers so I try NOT to use a ton of cheese. This adds maybe a point to each bite and I can handle that since it has so much other healthy stuff in it that isn't adding any points.

Here's my dozen eggs with a generous grinding of black pepper on the left and a heavy sprinkle of taco seasoning on the right. 


Here are my eggys all beaten. I cheated. I used my immersion blender to beat them. I love that thing so much. I use it for blending soups, hummus, drinks, EVERYTHING! I adore it! So I used that here to cut down on time and effort. 

I really overfilled them. I didn't even use all the egg mixture when I did this either. I think I would say to use 9 eggs next time, based on how much other stuff I had in the muffin tins. 

Seriously... did you not believe me? It overflowed into the bottom of my oven too, but not too much and nothing caught on fire so I'm okay with this. Lessons learned and I STILL have breakfast for the whole week!


Final tasty bites! Yay! Easy breakfast!

Hope you try it and Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment